Sharing knowledge is our core objective. To move the web forward through practical initiatives, which assist communication amongst UK business and residents:
- Businesses of all types and sizes can be supported, competing without a viable website is a handicap.
- Consumers can access choice, information, contact details. Helping them to find value within the UK economy.
- A strong web economy makes the UK attractive to new, or incoming businesses, bringing essential investment.
Our small part in this is a background role, helping to create an efficient web platform for all organisations we support.
We can only succeed by being part of the business community and working with members of that community. Any person with knowledge is an asset, whether or not they have technical skills.
They can add perspective to our work which comes from running real world businesses. There are no barriers to business owners putting forward ideas to develop our services, they have much to offer.
We also welcome input from web professionals, or UK residents. In a complex field, no organisation has all the answers, we should listen to each other.
As a service in an ever changing field, we have a responsibility to react accordingly. The principles underlying our support still remain constant:
- The provision of free, or reasonable cost advice and technical support focused on building effective websites.
- Transfer of skills and encouragement for organisations to move forward on the web, so they can sustain themselves.
- Helping professional web design or development agencies provide value to clients and security for website users.
A key element is encouraging web providers to work by methods which are beneficial to clients, along with their own business and the wider economy.
The Website Report Service does not provide web support in a general sense. This is to preserve independence, so all parties receive the best advice, with no consideration of selling services.
A strong commitment is in place to ensure all are treated equally, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, dependents, disability, race, national origin, age, religion, political or trade union affiliations.
Confidentiality is equally essential to fairness and to good support. Other than to people directly involved, no details are disclosed and no confidential data is ever shared externally.
This ensures website owners, or developers feel able to interact freely but does not prevent understanding of their needs. If you would like to talk to us for any reason, you are welcome to do so.